The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the nutritional products retailer Vitamin Shoppe (VSI). I found the stock by using Barchart to sort today's New 52 Week High list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. I then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation over the last 6 months. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 7/20 the stock gained 76.19%.
Vitamin Shoppe is a specialty retailer and direct marketer of nutritional products. It primarily sells vitamins, minerals, nutritional supplements, herbs, sports nutrition formulas, homeopathic remedies, green living products and health and beauty aids. Based in North Bergen, New Jersey, the company is recognized as an innovator in providing product information, associate training, and customer education. Information is available to consumers through unprecedented outlets including television, radio, friends, family, health practitioners, and the internet. It offers consumers the opportunity to take charge of their own health and wellness requirements, and supplement where necessary. At each store location, consumers can find a comprehensive Learning Center which offers free access to vital information about key health concerns and products. The Vitamin Shoppe is a strong supporter of health and wellness campaigns including `Life Supplemented` sponsored by the Council for Responsible Nutrition.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Pleasenote that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 130.30+ Weighted Alpha
- 112.70% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 18 new highs and up 88.04% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 87.91%
- Technical support level at 12.02
- Recently traded at 12.95 with a 50 day moving average of 7.93
- Market Cap $298 million
- P/E 57.38
- Revenue and earnings projections are all over the map
- Wall Street analysts have 1 buy, 6 hold and 1 under perform recommendation in place
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 45 to 16 that the stock will beat the market