The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to discount retailer Ross Stores (ROST). I found the stock by using Barchart to sort today's New 52 Week High list by the most frequent number of new highs in the last year then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 10/4 the stock gained 4.89%.
Ross Stores, Inc. is a company headquartered in Dublin, California, operates Ross Dress for Less (`Ross`), the largest off-price apparel and home fashion chain in the United States, the District of Columbia and Guam. Ross offers first-quality, in-season, name brand and designer apparel, accessories, footwear and home fashions for the entire family at savings of 20% to 60% off department and specialty store regular prices every day. The Company also currently operates dd's DISCOUNTS in many states that feature a more moderately-priced assortment of first-quality, in-season, name brand apparel, accessories, footwear and home fashions for the entire family at savings of 20% to 70% off moderate department and discount store regular prices every day.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 50 new highs and up 57.33% in the last year
- 80% technical buy signals
- 52.25+ Weighted Alpha
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 2 new highs and up .69% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 61.49%
- Technical support level at 98.57
- Recently traded at 99.78 with a 50 day moving average at 96.54
- Market Cap $36.70 billion
- P/E 25.12
- Dividend yield .92%
- Revenue expected to grow 5.70% this year and another 6.40% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 23.70% this year, an additional 10.20% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 12.71% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 6 strong buy, 11 buy and 8 hold recommendations on the stock