The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the satellite communications company Gilat Satellite Network (NASDAQ:GILT). I found the stock by using Barchart to screen for stock with a Weighted Alpha of 50.00+ and technical buy signals of 80% or better. I then sorted for the stock having the most frequent number of new highs in the last month then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 10/25 the stock gained 15.73%.
Gilat Satellite Networks Ltd. is a global leader in Very Small Aperture Terminal satellite communications technology, manufacturing and service. The company provides end-to-end telecommunications and data networking solutions to customers across six continents. Service offerings include access to satellite transponder capacity, installation of network equipment, on-line network monitoring and network maintenance and repair services.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- 51.82+ Weighted Alpha
- 41.50% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 25.32% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 82.87%
- Technical support level at 10.61
- Recently traded at 10.85 with a 50 day moving average of 9.11
- Market Cap $583 million
- P/E 39.48
- Earning estimated to compound at an annual rate of 10.00% for the enxt 5 year
- Although no Wall Street analysts are recommending the stock at present the individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 133 to 5 that the stock will beat the market