The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the biomedical company Xbiotech (XBIT). I found the stock by using the Barchart screener function and screened for stock having a Weighted Alpha of at least 25+ and a technical buy signal of 80% or more. Only 30 stocks made the cut. Next I sorted by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month and used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 10/18 the stock gained 53.34%.
XBiotech Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company. The Company is engaged in discovering and developing True Human(TM) monoclonal antibodies for treating diseases. XBiotech Inc. is based in Austin, TX, United States.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 45.10+ Weighted Alpha
- 38.52% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 9 new highs and up 32.92% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 82.59%
- Technical support level at 4.60
- Recently traded at 5.54 with a 50 day moving average of 4.01
- Market Cap $175 million
- No Wall Street firms are presently following the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 8 to 20 for the stock to under perform the market
- Value Line rated the stock as an average 3 for both performance and technicals
- 1,953 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha