The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the Mexican chicken restaurant chain El Pollo Loco (LOCO). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top 100 Stocks list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/8 the stock gained 15.63%.
El Pollo Loco Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiary, develops, franchises, licenses and operates quick-service restaurants under the name El Pollo Loco. The restaurants specializes in flame-grilled chicken in a variety of contemporary Mexican-influenced entrees, including specialty chicken burritos, chicken quesadillas, chicken tortilla soup, Pollo Bowls and Pollo Salads. El Pollo Loco Holdings, Inc. is headquartered in Costa Mesa, California.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100 technical buy signals
- 81.30+ Weighted Alpha
- 72.75% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter by signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 23.48% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 76.32%
- Technical support level at 16.87
- Recently traded at 17.82 with a 50 day moving average of 15.63
- Market Cap $673 million
- P/E 24.33
- Revenue expected to grow 8.10% this year and another 4.50% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 14.30% this year, an additional 9.70% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 15.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts have 2 strong by and 4 hold recommendations in place on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 58 to 23 that the stock will beat the market
- There are 9,862 investors following thr stock on Seeking Alpha