My Pick of the Day is the Internet software company Workday (WDAY). I found the stock by using The Value Line screener to find stocks analysts predicted would have a compounded annual sale growth of over the next 5 years of at least 14.5%. That narrowed the field down to only 106 stocks. I took that list and entered it into Barchart and sorted for stocks that have a technical buy signal of 80% or more. That narrowed the list down even more to just 4 stocks. I then used the Flipchart feature to find charts with consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/8 the stock gained 1.80%.
Workday, Inc. is engaged in providing enterprise cloud applications for human resources and finance. It delivers Human Capital Management, Financial Management, Payroll, Time Tracking, Procurement, and Employee Expense Management applications. The Company provides its customers the applications to manage critical business functions for their financial and human capital resources. It serves technology, financial services, business services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, and consumer and retail industries, as well as education and government industries. Workday, Inc. is headquartered in Pleasanton, California.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- 17.26+ Weighted Alpha
- 47.40% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 11 new highs and up 17.26% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 61.17%
- Technical support level at 168.65
- Recently traded at 169.54 with a 50 day moving average of 153.55
- Market Cap $37.86 billion
- Revenue expected to grow 31.10% this year and another 25.10% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 23.30% this year, an additional 26.80% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 38.75% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 15 strong buy, 2 buy, 15 hold and 1 sell recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 257 to 51 that the stock will beat the market
- 31,099 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha