My Stock Pick of the Day belongs to the LPG distributor Partners Cheniere Energy LP (CQP). I found the stock by using the Valueline Investment Survey screener to find the highest rated stocks in the highest rated industries in their 1700 stock database. I then loaded those 108 into Barchart and sorted for the highest technical buy signals. I then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 11/28 the stock gained 6.59%.
Cheniere Energy Partners L.P. is a Delaware limited partnership recently formed by Cheniere Energy, Inc. through its wholly owned subsidiary, Sabine Pass LNG, L.P. CEP will develop, own and operate the Sabine Pass LNG receiving terminal currently under construction in western Cameron Parish, Louisiana on the Sabine Pass Channel. CEP's primary business objectives are to complete construction of the Sabine Pass LNG receiving terminal and, thereafter, to generate stable cash flows sufficient to pay the initial quarterly distribution to the unit holders and, over time, to increase their quarterly cash distribution.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- 33.35+ Weighted Alpha
- 27.09% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 9 new highs and up 12.38% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 61.58%
- Technical support level at 38.59
- Recently traded at 40.08 with a 50 day moving average of 37.34
- Market Cap $18.79 billion
- P/E 15.21
- Dividend yield 5.80%
- Revenue expected to grow 41.30% this year and another 18.20% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 293.90% this year, an additional 10.50% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 45.23% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 4 strong buy and 6 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 239 to 26 that the stock will beat the market
- 9,720 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha