The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the building products company Armstrong World Industries (AWI). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's All Time High list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/18 the stock gained 31.69%.
Armstrong World Industries is a global leader in the design and manufacture of floors, ceilings and cabinets. Armstrong's consolidated net sales totaled approximately $3.5 billion. Based in Lancaster,Armstrong operates Forty plants in ten countries.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- 57.60+ Weighted Alpha
- 49.53% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 18.19% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 81.12%
- Technical support level at 84.10
- Recently traded at 85.08 with a 50 day moving average of 75.27
- Market Cap $4.13 billion
- P/E 22.16
- Dividend yield .82%
- Revenue expected to grow 9.50% this year and another 6.50% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 21.90% this year, an additional 12.60% next year and continue to compound at an annual rat of 13.50% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 strong buy and 4 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 62 to 12 that the stock will beat the market
- 1,912 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha