The Stock Pick of the Day belongs to the broadband communications company Charter Communications (CHTR). I found the stock by using Barchart to sort the NASDAQ 100 Index stocks first by the highest Weighted Alpha, then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy in 4/15 the stock gained 8.77%.
Charter Communications is a leading broadband communications company and the fourth-largest cable operator in the United States. Charter provides a full range of advanced broadband services, including advanced Charter Spectrum TV video entertainment programming, Charter Spectrum Internet access, and Charter Spectrum Voice. Spectrum Business similarly provides scalable, tailored, and cost-effective broadband communications solutions to business organizations, such as business-to-business Internet access, data networking, business telephone, video and music entertainment services, and wireless backhaul. Charter's advertising sales and production services are sold under the Charter Media brand.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signal
- 42.10+ Weighted Alpha
- 45.27% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 6 new highs and up 3.08% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 66.70%
- Technical support level at 375.41
- Recently traded at 391.13 with a 50 day moving average of 366.27
- Market Cap $84.37 billion
- P/E 66.57
- Revenue expected to grow 5.00% this year and another 5.50% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 41.80% this year, an additional 76.40% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 45.30% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 5 strong buy, 12 buy and 9 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 1 to 0 that the stock will beat the market
- 22,466 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha