My Stock Pick of the Day is the gene therapy company Adverum Biotechnologies (ADVM). I found the stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first by the highest gain in the last 3 months (131.40%) then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 4/16 the stock gained 87.04%.
Adverum Biotechnologies, Inc. is a gene therapy company. The Company discovers and develops novel medicines for patients living with rare diseases. Adverum Biotechnologies Inc, formerly known as Avalanche Biotechnologies Inc., is headquartered in Menlo Park, California.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- 124.20+ Weighted Alpha
- 93.10% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 12 new highs and up 69.44% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 75.87%
- Technical support level at 10.79
- Recently trade at 11.19 with a 50 day moving average of 7.61
- Market Cap $699 million
- Revenue expected to be down 23.10% this year and another 8.90% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 6.80% this year but decrease by 9.10% next year
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy and 3 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 32 to 2 that the stock will beat the market
- 4,279 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha