My Stock Pick of the Day belongs to the Mega Giant retailer Wal-Mart (WMT). I wanted to find the Mega Stock with the best current momentum so I used Barchart to sort the S&P 100 Stock Index stocks for the stock with the most current number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled buy on 5/24 the stock gained 11.69%.
Walmart Inc. is a multinational retail corporation which operates a chain of hypermarkets, discount department stores and grocery stores. Walmart Inc., formerly known as Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., is headquartered in Bentonville, Arkansas.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- 32.90+ Weighted Alpha
- 31.22% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 13 new highs and up 31.22% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 83.33%
- Technical support level at 114.59
- Recently traded at 114.35 with a 50 day moving average of 106.67
- Market Cap $328 billion
- P/E 23.34
- Dividend yield 1.84%
- Revenue expected to grow 2.40% this year and another 3.20% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 4.60% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 3.69% for the next 5 years hold recommendations on the stock
- Wall Street analysts issued 11 strong buy, 2 buy and 8 hold recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 6,333 to 827 that the stock will beat the market
- 216,491 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha