My Stock Pick of the Day is the coffee shoppe retailer Starbucks (SBUX). Starbuck continue to be the top percentage gainer of the NASDAQ 100. I use Barchart to sort the NASDAQ 100 Index stocks by the highest 1 year percent gain then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 6/5 the stock gained 13.78%.
Starbucks Corporation purchases and roasts high-quality whole bean coffees and sells them along with fresh, rich-brewed, Italian style espresso beverages, a variety of pastries and confections, and coffee-related equipments primarily through its company-operated retail stores. In addition to sales through its company-operated retail stores, Starbucks sells whole bean coffees through a specialty sales group and supermarkets. Additionally, Starbucks produces and sells bottled Frappuccino coffee drink and a line of premium ice creams through its joint venture partnerships and offers a line of innovative premium teas produced by its wholly owned subsidiary, Tazo Tea Company. The company's objective is to establish Starbucks as the most recognized and respected brand in the world.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 76.70+ Weighted Alpha
- 88.86% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 16.54% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 82.78%
- Technical support level at 90.45
- Recently traded at 90.98 with a 50 day moving average of 83.90
- Market Cap $110.20 billion
- P/E 35.00
- Dividend yield 1.58%
- Revenue expected to grow 6.20% this year and another 7.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 15.30% this year, an additional 11.10% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 13.08% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 10 strong buy, 14 buy and 9 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 7,709 to 1,664 that the stock will beat the market
- 342,825 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha