The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the Big Data Center REIT Equinix (EQIX). I found the stock when I saw the CEO interviewed on CNBC today and decided to find out more about it. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 8/2 the stock gained 6.56%.
Equinix, Inc. is the world's largest IBX data center & colocation provider, offering the fastest application performance, lowest latency routes worldwide and a digital ecosystem for financial, content or rich-media, enterprise, and cloud networks. They connect businesses with partners and customers around the world through a global platform of high performance data centers, containing dynamic ecosystems and the broadest choice of networks. Platform Equinix connects more than 4,000 enterprises, cloud, digital content and financial companies including more than 900 network service providers to help them grow their businesses, improve application performance and protect their vital digital assets. Equinix operates in 38 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific and continually invests in expanding its platform to power customer growth.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 38.70+ Weighted Alpha
- 30.37% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 11 new highs and up 6.56% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 59.94%
- Technical support level at 557.95
- Recently traded at 558.49 with a 50 day moving average of 526.62
- Market Cap $45.67 billion
- P/E 25.33
- Dividend yield 1.74%
- Revenue expected to grow 10.10% this year and another 9.10% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 39.50% this year, an additional 24.50% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 21.40% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 7 strong buy, 14 buy and 4 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 233 to 71 that the stock will beat the market
- 15,750 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha