DRDGold - Top Stock To Own
Long Only, Momentum, Portfolio Strategy
Seeking Alpha Analyst Since 2009
Jim Van Meerten writes on financial subjects here and on Barchart Portfolio Blogs and Seeking Alpha. He earned a BS in Accounting and Business Administration from Berry College; a Juris Doctorate from the Woodrow Wilson School of Law; and attended post-baccalaureate and graduate courses in Business Administration, Quantitative Math, and Education at Florida Atlantic University, Georgia State University and University of North Carolina at Charlotte. In the past he has been an accountant, attorney, adjunct professor in Business Law, Accounting and Internal Auditing, financial advisor, supervisory principal, and compliance officer. He also passed the Georgia CPA Exam, the Certified Internal Auditor Exam, and the FINRA Series 7, 24 and 9/10 exams.He is presently also a contributor on MSN Top Stocks Blog, Motley Fool and is a member of the M100 on Marketocracy, an elete honor chosen by the editors of Marketocracy as being in the top 100 portfolio managers of over 100,000 portfoiios they review. He would enjoy hearing your comments at JimVanMeerten@gmail.com.
- 100% technical buy signals.
- 15 new highs and up 78.82% in the last month.
- 457.60% gain in the last year.
The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the gold producer DRDGold (DRD). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stocks to Own list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 6/1 the stock gained 60.88%.
DRDGold is a medium-sized, unhedged gold producer with investments in South Africa and Australasia. Incontrovertibly bullish about its product, the company has recently concluded extensive refocusing of its gold interests.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 739.60+ Weighted Alpha
- 457.60% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 78.82% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 81.85%
- Technical support level at 15.53
- Recently traded at 16.77 with a 50 day moving average of 11.22
- Market Cap $1.11 billion
- P/E 32.56
- Dividend yield 1.35%
- The only Wall Street analysts following the stock has not shared Revenue and Earnings projections but predicts the Earnings will compound at an annual rate of 10% for the next 5 years
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 190 to 20 that the stock will beat the market
- 3,622 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha
Seeking Alpha's Disclosure: Past performance is no guarantee of future results. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. Any views or opinions expressed above may not reflect those of Seeking Alpha as a whole. Seeking Alpha is not a licensed securities dealer, broker or US investment adviser or investment bank. Our analysts are third party authors that include both professional investors and individual investors who may not be licensed or certified by any institute or regulatory body.