- 100% technical buy signals.
- 17 new highs and up 14.27% in the last month.
- 24.53% gain in the last year.
The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the retail hardware and garden company Tractor Supply Company (TSCO). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stocks to Own list first by the most frequent number of new hihgs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 4/20 the stock gained 48.68%.
Tractor Supply Company is the largest operator of rural lifestyle retail stores in America. Tractor Supply stores are focused on supplying the lifestyle needs of recreational farmers & ranchers & others who enjoy the rural lifestyle, as well as tradesmen and small businesses. Stores are located primarily in towns outlying major metropolitan markets and in rural communities. The Company offers the following comprehensive selection of merchandise: (1) equine, livestock, pet and small animal products, including items necessary for their health, care, growth and containment; (2) hardware, truck, towing and tool products; (3) seasonal products, including heating, lawn and garden items, power equipment, gifts and toys; (4) work/recreational clothing and footwear; and (5) maintenance products for agricultural and rural use. Tractor Supply Company also owns and operates Petsense, a small-box pet specialty supply retailer focused on meeting the needs of pet owners, and offering a variety of pet products and services.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 44.13+ Weighted Alpha
- 24.53% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 14.27% gain in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 72.39%
- Technical support level at 136.24
- Recently traded at 138.96 with a 50 day moving average of 121.97
- Market Cap $16.15 billion
- P/E 28.48
- Dividend yield 1.00%
- Revenue expected to grow 11.70% this year and another 3.50% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 16.70% this year, an additional 4.80% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 12.60% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 5 strong buy, 1 buy and 19 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 509 to 36 that the stock will beat the market
- 18,510 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha
Seeking Alpha's Disclosure: Past performance is no guarantee of future results. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. Any views or opinions expressed above may not reflect those of Seeking Alpha as a whole. Seeking Alpha is not a licensed securities dealer, broker or US investment adviser or investment bank. Our analysts are third party authors that include both professional investors and individual investors who may not be licensed or certified by any institute or regulatory body.