The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the semiconductor companyTower Semiconductor (TSEM). I found the stock by using Barchart's powerful screening tools to find the stocks with the highest Weighted Alpha and technical buy signals. After I sorted for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent prices appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 12/28 the stock gained 25.27%.
Tower Semiconductor Ltd., an independent semiconductor foundry, manufactures and markets analog intensive mixed-signal semiconductor devices in the United States, Japan, Asia, and Europe. It provides various customizable process technologies, including SiGe, BiCMOS, mixed-signal/CMOS, RF CMOS, CMOS image sensor, integrated power management, and MEMS. The company also offers transfer optimization and development process services to integrated device manufacturers and fabless companies. It serves various markets, such as consumer electronics, personal computers, communications, automotive, industrial, aerospace, and medical device products. The company was founded in 1993 and is headquartered in Migdal Haemek, Israel.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 20 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 78.65+ Weighted Alpha
- 36.54% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 15.66% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 69.08%
- Technical support level at 32.70
- Recently traded at 32.62 with a 50 day moving average of 28.24
- Market Cap $3.55 billion
- P/E 49.15
- Revenue expected to grow 2.20% this year and another 9.40% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 52.20% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 15.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy and 1 buy recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 123 to 7 that the stock will beat the market
- 7,508 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha
The Barchart Chart of the Day highlights stocks that are experiencing exceptional current price appreciation. They are not intended to be buy recommendations as these stock are extremely volatile and speculative. Should you decide to add one of these stocks to your investment portfolio it is highly suggested you follow a predetermined diversification and moving stop loss discipline that is consistent with your personal investment risk tolerance and reevaluate your stop losses at least on a weekly basis.