- 100% technical buy signals.
- 10 new highs and up 14.63% in the last month.
- 146.59% gain in the last year.
The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs toSLM Corp (SLM) the student loan company normally known as Sallie Mae. I found the stock by using Barchart's powerful screening tools to find the stocks with the highest Weighted Alpha and technical buy signals. After I sorted for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent prices appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/19 the stock gained 28.89%.
SLM Corporation (Sallie Mae) is the nation's saving, planning, and paying for college company. Whether college is a long way off or just around the corner, Sallie Mae offers products that promote responsible personal finance, including private education loans, Upromise rewards, scholarship search, college financial planning tools, and online retail banking.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 20 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 216.72+ Weighted Alpha
- 146.59% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 10 new highs and up 14.63% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 70.80%
- Technical support level at 17.29
- Recently traded at 17.89 with a 50 day moving average of 15.44
- Market Cap $6.51 billion
- P/E 7.77
- Dividend yield .67%
- Revenue expected to be down 10.10% this year and another .60% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 4.00% this year, an additional 6.50% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 20.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 4 strong buy, 5 buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 376 to 89 that the stock will beat the market
- 5,220 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha
The Barchart Chart of the Day highlights stocks that are experiencing exceptional current price appreciation. They are not intended to be buy recommendations as these stock are extremely volatile and speculative. Should you decide to add one of these stocks to your investment portfolio it is highly suggested you follow a predetermined diversification and moving stop loss discipline that is consistent with your personal investment risk tolerance and reevaluate your stop losses at least on a weekly basis.
Seeking Alpha's Disclosure: Past performance is no guarantee of future results. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. Any views or opinions expressed above may not reflect those of Seeking Alpha as a whole. Seeking Alpha is not a licensed securities dealer, broker or US investment adviser or investment bank. Our analysts are third party authors that include both professional investors and individual investors who may not be licensed or certified by any institute or regulatory body.