- 100% technical buy signals.
- 17 new highs and up 9.68% in the last month.
- 39.19% gain in the last year.
The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the healthcare companyICON (ICLR). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stocks to Own list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 7/28 the stock gained 13.98%.
ICON Public Limited Company, a clinical research organization, provides outsourced development and commercialization services in Ireland, rest of Europe, the United States, and internationally. The company specializes in the strategic development, management, and analysis of programs that support various stages of the clinical development process from compound selection to Phase I-IV clinical studies. It offers clinical development services, including product development planning, strategic consulting, study protocol preparation, clinical pharmacology, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic analysis, site feasibility, patient recruitment and retention, digital patient and site, project management, clinical operations/monitoring, patient centric monitoring, data management, and adaptive and virtual trial services. The company's clinical development services also comprise medical imaging, biostatistics, medical affairs, pharmacovigilance, strategic regulatory, electronic endpoint adjudication, medical writing and publishing, interactive response technologies, functional solutions, strategic resourcing central laboratory, bioanalytical laboratory, biomarket development, strategy and analytics, late phase research, patient centered science, and medical device and diagnostics research services, as well as access, commercialization, and communication services, and research trials for us government agencies. It serves pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries, as well as government and public health organizations. ICON has an agreement with Evergreen Therapeutics, Inc. to conduct Phase II clinical trial for COVID-19 drug candidate. The company was incorporated in 1990 and is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland.
ICON Public Limited Company
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 20 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 52.01+ Weighted Alpha
- 39.19% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 9.68% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 67.30%
- Technical support level at 258.87
- Recently traded at 262.64 with a 50 day moving average of 238.58
- Market Cap $14.03 billion
- P/E 3292
- Revenue expected to grow 88.40% this year and another 41.90% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 39.80% this year, an additional 20.90% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 15.24% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 5 strong buy, 5 buy and 5 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 348 to 11 that the stock will beat the market with the more experienced investors voting 60 to 5 for the same result
- The experts on TipRanks give the stock a 10 out of 10 rating
- 4,015 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha
The Barchart Chart of the Day highlights stocks that are experiencing exceptional current price appreciation. They are not intended to be buy recommendations as these stock are extremely volatile and speculative. Should you decide to add one of these stocks to your investment portfolio it is highly suggested you follow a predetermined diversification and moving stop loss discipline that is consistent with your personal investment risk tolerance and reevaluate your stop losses at least on a weekly basis.
Analyst's Disclosure: I/we have no stock, option or similar derivative position in any of the companies mentioned, but may initiate a beneficial Long position through a purchase of the stock, or the purchase of call options or similar derivatives in ICLR, over the next 72 hours.
Seeking Alpha's Disclosure: Past performance is no guarantee of future results. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. Any views or opinions expressed above may not reflect those of Seeking Alpha as a whole. Seeking Alpha is not a licensed securities dealer, broker or US investment adviser or investment bank. Our analysts are third party authors that include both professional investors and individual investors who may not be licensed or certified by any institute or regulatory body.