- 100% technical buy signals.
- 17 new highs and up 19.79% in the last month.
- 118.59% gain in the last year.
The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the biomedical companyRepligen (RGEN). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top 100 Stocks list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 6/28 the stock gained 55.63%.
Repligen Corporation develops and commercializes bioprocessing technologies and systems for use in biological drug manufacturing process in North America, Europe, the Asia Pacific, and internationally. It offers Protein A ligands that are the binding components of Protein A affinity chromatography resins; and cell culture growth factor products. The company's chromatography products include OPUS pre-packed chromatography columns, which are used in the purification of biologics; and OPUS smaller-scale columns that are used in the high throughput process development screening, viral clearance validation studies, and scale down validation of chromatography processes. It also offers ELISA test kits; and chromatography resins under the CaptivA brand. In addition, the company offers filtration products, such as XCell Alternating Tangential Flow systems that are filtration devices used in upstream perfusion and cell culture processing; TangenX flat sheet cassettes, which are used in downstream biologic drug concentration and formulation processes; KrosFlo tangential flow filtration and tangential flow depth filtration systems; Spectra/Por laboratory and process dialysis products, and SpectraFlo dynamic dialysis systems; and ProConnex single-use hollow fiber. Further, it provides process analytics products, such as slope spectroscopy systems under the SoloVPE and FlowVPE brands. The company sells its products to life sciences, biopharmaceutical, and diagnostics companies; laboratory researchers; and contract manufacturing organizations. Repligen Corporation has collaboration agreements with Navigo Proteins GmbH to develop multiple affinity ligands; and Sartorius Stedim Biotech to create novel perfusion-enabled bioreactors. Repligen Corporation was incorporated in 1981 and is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 20 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 126.12+ Weighted Alpha
- 118.59% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 17 new highs and up 19.79% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 81.42%
- Technical support level at 308.58
- Recently traded at 313.10 with a 50 day moving average of 259.47
- Market Cap $17.25 billion
- P/E 128.05
- Revenue expected to grow 73.60% this year and another 16.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 65.50% this year, an additional 8.80% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 36.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 7 strong buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 643 to 14 that the stock will beat the market with the more experienced investors voting 176 to 4 for the same result
- The experts on TipRanks gave the stock a 10 out of 10 rating
- 10,630 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha
The Barchart Chart of the Day highlights stocks that are experiencing exceptional current price appreciation. They are not intended to be buy recommendations as these stock are extremely volatile and speculative. Should you decide to add one of these stocks to your investment portfolio it is highly suggested you follow a predetermined diversification and moving stop loss discipline that is consistent with your personal investment risk tolerance and reevaluate your stop losses at least on a weekly basis.
Analyst's Disclosure: I/we have no stock, option or similar derivative position in any of the companies mentioned, but may initiate a beneficial Long position through a purchase of the stock, or the purchase of call options or similar derivatives in RGEN, over the next 72 hours.
Seeking Alpha's Disclosure: Past performance is no guarantee of future results. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. Any views or opinions expressed above may not reflect those of Seeking Alpha as a whole. Seeking Alpha is not a licensed securities dealer, broker or US investment adviser or investment bank. Our analysts are third party authors that include both professional investors and individual investors who may not be licensed or certified by any institute or regulatory body.