The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the home improvement retailerLowe's (LOW). I found the stock buy using Barchart to sort the S&P 100 Index stocks first by the highest Weighted Alpha and Barchart technical buy signals then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 10/11 the stock gained 23.85%.
Lowe's Companies, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a home improvement retailer in the United States and internationally. The company offers a line of products for construction, maintenance, repair, remodeling, and decorating. It provides home improvement products in various categories, such as appliances, decor, paint, hardware, millwork, lawn and garden, lighting, lumber and building materials, flooring, kitchens and bath, rough plumbing and electrical, seasonal and outdoor living, and tools. It also offers installation services through independent contractors in various product categories; extended protection plans; and in-warranty and out-of-warranty repair services. The company sells its national brand-name merchandise and private branded products to homeowners, renters, and professional customers. As of January 29, 2021, it operated 1,974 home improvement and hardware stores. The company also sells its products through websites comprising Lowes.com and Lowesforpros.com; and through mobile applications. Lowe's Companies, Inc. was founded in 1921 and is based in Mooresville, North Carolina.
Lowe's Companies, Inc.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 20 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 68.94+ Weighted Alpha
- 61.61% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 9 new highs and up 10.64% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 73.15%
- Technical support level at 254.65
- Recently traded at 258.37 with a 50 day moving average of 232.33
- Market Cap $172 billion
- P/E 22.30
- Dividend yield 1.25%
- Revenue expected to grow 6.70% this year and another 2.10% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 34.80% this year, an additional 8.30% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 19.45% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 18 strong buy, 5 buy, 7 hold and 1 under perform recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 2,337 to 291 for the stock to beat the market with the more experienced investors voting 579 to 33 for the same result
- 91,970 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha
The Barchart Chart of the Day highlights stocks that are experiencing exceptional current price appreciation. They are not intended to be buy recommendations as these stock are extremely volatile and speculative. Should you decide to add one of these stocks to your investment portfolio it is highly suggested you follow a predetermined diversification and moving stop loss discipline that is consistent with your personal investment risk tolerance and reevaluate your stop losses at least on a weekly basis.