- 100% technical buy signals.
- 15 new highs and up 9.65% in the last month.
- 16.67% gain in the last year.
The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the consumer products companyProcter & Gamble (PG). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stocks to Own list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 12/3 the stock gained 7.49%.
The Procter & Gamble Company provides branded consumer packaged goods to consumers in North and Latin America, Europe, the Asia Pacific, Greater China, India, the Middle East, and Africa. It operates in five segments: Beauty; Grooming; Health Care; Fabric & Home Care; and Baby, Feminine & Family Care. The Beauty segment offers conditioners, shampoos, styling aids, and treatments; and antiperspirants and deodorants, personal cleansing, and skin care products under the Head & Shoulders, Herbal Essences, Pantene, Rejoice, Olay, Old Spice, Safeguard, Secret, and SK-II brands. The Procter & Gamble Company was founded in 1837 and is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio.
The Procter & Gamble Company
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 20 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 23.30+ Weighted Alpha
- 16.67% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 9.65% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 79.87%
- Technical support level at 159.25
- Recently traded at 160.77 with a 50 day moving average of 147.09
- Market Cap $389 billion
- P/E 28.17
- Dividend yield 2.19%
- Revenue expected to grow 4.30% this year and another 3.90% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 4.80% this year, an additional 7.30% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 6.93% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 8 strong buy, 4 buy, 10 hold and 1 under perform recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 7,263 to 283 that the stock will beat the market with the more experienced investors voting 1,222 to 50 for the same result
- 243,000 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha
The Barchart Chart of the Day highlights stocks that are experiencing exceptional current price appreciation. They are not intended to be buy recommendations as these stock are extremely volatile and speculative. Should you decide to add one of these stocks to your investment portfolio it is highly suggested you follow a predetermined diversification and moving stop loss discipline that is consistent with your personal investment risk tolerance and reevaluate your stop losses at least on a weekly basis.
Analyst's Disclosure: I/we have no stock, option or similar derivative position in any of the companies mentioned, but may initiate a beneficial Long position through a purchase of the stock, or the purchase of call options or similar derivatives in PG, over the next 72 hours.
Seeking Alpha's Disclosure: Past performance is no guarantee of future results. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. Any views or opinions expressed above may not reflect those of Seeking Alpha as a whole. Seeking Alpha is not a licensed securities dealer, broker or US investment adviser or investment bank. Our analysts are third party authors that include both professional investors and individual investors who may not be licensed or certified by any institute or regulatory body.