A couple of interesting things this week from Robert Shiller. First, in an interview with The Browser he discusses how human psychology drives capitalism and its contributions to the financial crisis. Robert Shiller on Human Traits Essential to Capitalism. In the interview he recommends five books on the topic. They are:
- Adam Smith: The Theory of Moral Sentiments
- The Passions and the Interests: Political Arguments for Capitalism before Its Triumph
- Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth, and Happiness
- Fault Lines: How Hidden Fractures Still Threaten the World Economy
- Winner-Take-All Politics: How Washington Made the Rich Richer--and Turned Its Back on the Middle Class
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.