The Trend Investing Difference
Portfolio Strategy, Growth At A Reasonable Price, Deep Value
Seeking Alpha Analyst Since 2015
The Trend Investing group includes qualified financial personnel with a Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance and Investment (similar to CFA) and well over 20 years of professional experience in financial markets. Trend Investing searches the globe for great investments with a focus on "trend investing" themes. Some focus trends include electric vehicles and the lithium/cobalt/graphite/nickel/copper/vanadium miners, battery and plastics recycling, the online data boom, 5G, IoTs, AI, cloud computing, renewable energy, energy storage etc. Trend Investing was recently selected as the leading expert consultancy for a U.S government project on the EV supply chain and to the Board of Directors of the Critical Minerals Institute.
- Early access to articles.
- Exclusive articles, models, Investing Well monthly macro economic articles, CEO interviews.
- Exclusive chat room access to sophisticated and professional investors.
- Exclusive access to the Trend Investing portfolio with cost base, exact holdings, % allocations, live 800+ watch list, catalysts.
On Seeking Alpha [SA] Trend Investing offer two services:
- 1) SA regular site (older articles free to read so many before you are pay-walled).
- 2) Trend Investing site (subscription service for sophisticated and professional investors) - US$45/month for a yearly subscriber, US$65/month for a monthly subscriber).
The Trend Investing difference
Trend Investing is continually working to give all subscribers value for money and a significant difference to the SA regular site. The points and table below show the value proposition.
1) Early access (1 month advance) on articles (one day advance for the 7 monthly news articles – EVs, lithium, lithium juniors, cobalt, graphite, vanadium, nickel). Trend Investing covers trends, disruptive technologies, individual stocks, with a focus on EVs and the EV metal miners.
- EV Company News For The Month Of July 2022
- Canada Is Building A New Lithium-Ion Battery Supply Chain With Strong Corporate And Government Support
2022 Bear Market Bargains Series - Lithium South Development Corp.
- An Update On The Leading Global Autonomous Vehicle Companies And What To Expect Next
- The Latest Electric Vehicle, Battery & EV Metal Miner Trends - July 2022
- Top 5 Stocks/ETFs To Benefit From The US$369 Billion USA Climate Change Victory
2) Exclusive articles (only for Trend Investing subscribers) where we share some of our EV & EV metals supply demand models. Updated models articles occur about quarterly.
- Exclusive: A Look At The Europe Lithium-Ion Battery Manufacturers & Some Potential Future Ones
- Exclusive: A Look At The US Lithium-Ion Battery Manufacturers & Some Potential Future Ones
- A Look At The Top Li-Ion Battery Anode Manufacturers
- A Look At The Top Li-Ion Battery Cathode Manufacturers
Exclusive: Our Cobalt Demand Versus Supply Model - July 2022
- Exclusive: Our Model For Total EV Metals Demand 2020-2037. What Metals Are Most Impacted?
3) Exclusive access to "Investing Well" (macro summary article) monthly articles (only for Trend Investing subscribers) covering the macro-economic picture.
4) Exclusive access to CEO and expert interviews. These interviews offer insider insight and market expertise
- Energy Metals Expert Chris Berry Gives An Update for Trend Investing
- "Mr Lithium" Joe Lowry Talks to Trend Investing.
- Albemarle CEO Luke Kissam Talks With Trend Investing.
5) Exclusive access to the chat room to ask questions and post interest news alongside other professional investors
Trend Investing subscribers are made up of a mixture of mostly professional investors (fund managers & analysts) and industry insiders (CEOs, CFO's). The Trend Investing community has a terrific attitude and contributes significantly to the knowledge base.
6) Exclusive access to the Trend Investing portfolio via the Tools link in Trend Investing. It is a complete list of the Trend Investing portfolio, cost base, % allocations etc. Added to this is a comprehensive watch list by sector with ~800 stocks (updated feeds from Google finance), and a catalysts page sorted by date to see upcoming stock catalysts.
Seeking Alpha [SA] Regular site versus SA Trend Investing site summary table
The table below gives a good summary of the differences:
- Advance viewing of all different type of articles.
- Exclusive access to a range of 8 different services.
|Service||SA Regular||Trend Investing|
|EV & EV metal monthly news articles (7)||Yes||Yes (1 day earlier)|
|Other articles||Yes||Yes (1 month earlier)|
|Industry expert interviews||Yes||Yes (1 month earlier)|
|Trend articles||Yes||Yes (1 months earlier)|
|Investing Well - Monthly macro review article||No||Yes|
|EV and other metals - Demand v Supply models||No||Yes|
|Chat room access to Trend Investing members||No||Yes|
|Access to view the Trend Investing portfolio||No||Yes|
|Access to spreadsheet - catalysts, watch lists||No||Yes|
Thanks for reading this article. If you want to go to the next level, sign up here for Trend Investing, our Marketplace service for professional investors.
Disclosure: The Trend Investing service is an 'information only' service and does NOT provide recommendations or advice of any type.
Analyst's Disclosure: I/we have no stock, option or similar derivative position in any of the companies mentioned, and no plans to initiate any such positions within the next 72 hours.
Seeking Alpha's Disclosure: Past performance is no guarantee of future results. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. Any views or opinions expressed above may not reflect those of Seeking Alpha as a whole. Seeking Alpha is not a licensed securities dealer, broker or US investment adviser or investment bank. Our analysts are third party authors that include both professional investors and individual investors who may not be licensed or certified by any institute or regulatory body.