Digital Video Marketing is an expansive sector of the marketing industry. Just last year in the United States $50 billion dollars was expended on Digital advertisements. Add $8 billion to that figure and you'll get the expected amount for this year. (source:Aol State of the industry report)
It's no wonder there is so much expansive growth in video advertising, it is effective. Any company that hasn't yet taken advantage of using videos is missing out on a grand opportunity.
Consumers are much more likely to convert after viewing spectacular, compelling content. Video content catches the eyes and ears of potential customers and is far more memorable than plain text. Video condenses what could be a five page article into a brief blast of information. According to information from Forbes insight, 59% of senior executives prefer video to text.
Data from other industry sources is equally compelling:
- A recent report from Demand Metric stated that almost 70% of Business to Business Marketers are using videos in their campaigns, they're spending more, and 82% reported success in their endeavors.
- Video on the landing page of your site makes it 53% more likely to show up on page 1 of Google. (source: Mist Media)
- Video attracts 2-3x as many monthly visitors, doubles times on site, and has a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines. (source: Marketingsherpa)
- The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video. (source: Mist Media)
- About 68% of people say they'd be more likely to seek out information about a product or service after seeing it in an online video, particularly with an integrated product placement campaign. (source: Arrangementfinders.com)
- Video and e-mail marketing can increase click through rates by more than 90%. (source: Mist Media) Let's move past stats and discuss some good reasons for adopting digital video content.
1.) Video puts your brand on the frontline
Unless every company decides to embrace video overnight, there is a real chance for a select few to revolutionize their business. Cinematic coverage on the corporate website, plastered in email campaigns or painted all over social media highlights your product beautifully and gives a brand strategic advantage.
2.) Let Consumers do the talking
Customer testimonials and case studies are essential for any companies marketing technique. An outside source praising your product is always stronger than any self exalting measures.
Testimonials are unscripted and bring out real emotion that people can relate with, this makes them hard to beat in the advertising world.
3.) Video magnifies social media
Lots of businesses have exemplified the need to use social media marketing, just another means of connecting with customers. Social media provides instantaneous feedback, something coveted for any money making ordeal. Video content is quickly overriding text based news sources, as it is much easier to use a phone or tablet.
4.) Google loves video
Search engine optimization is a necessity for any company looking to dominate in ecommerce. 70% of the top 100 search listings contain video content (source: Marketing Week). Adding video is a quick way to increase performance. Pages with video thumbnails have greater success because they stand out among the rest of the links.
5.) Real involvement
Making use of product tutorial videos, assembly instructions, and FAQ videos is a proven way to increase customer involvement. These avenues also help customers feel more at ease. According to Mist Media, the average user spends 88% more time on a website with video.
According to Forbes Insight, 65% of senior executives who view videos click through to see the businesses webpage, 50% look for more info and 45% report they contacted the business after view an online video. About a half of executives who watched digital videos followed through with a purchase for said business.
Remember, 59% of senior executives say they would rather watch video than read text. Online video usage is growing rapidly because it really works.
Will this online video marketing trend stay hot?
Two surveys recently showcased the answers of marketing professionals about their usage of online videos. The huge consistent results are that video marketing is dominating the advertisement industry.
For three years, the Web Video Marketing Council has been conducting a survey of 600 marketing professionals. Some key discoveries:
Video Marketing isn't going anywhere and that is why more companies plan to add its value to their arsenals. If your company has not yet researched or considered this topic, start today! The evidence is overwhelming in the case for video marketing.