LabCorp ($LH) informaSeq lab results
- More than 90,000 samples reported in first year.
- 136,633 samples from Aug-2014 to Feb-2016.
- Demographic mix 56% high risk/44% ave risk.
- 35% of tests ordered did not include clinical indication.
- 1,866 screened positive for aneuploidy.
Pdf file can be found here
- The data references samples as opposed to patients, but the data in tables (i.e. Table 3) notes percentage of patients.
- The Ariosa preliminary S-1 noted 62% of their revenue was from LabCorp which suggests approximately 30,000 tests.
- informaSeq is a licensed product from Illumina ($ILMN). Initial validation demonstrated through concordance with Verifi as shown in the file.
- There was a substantial increase in the number of samples reported in the first year ended in Oct-2015 of 90,000 (average 7,500 per month) and the cumulative number of samples at the reporting cutoff date in Feb-2016 of 136,633. The 47,000 over about 4 months would mean an average monthly rate of about 12,000. Reasons could include OUS samples processed and unreimbursed samples to validate average risk.
Disclosure: I am/we are long ILMN.