· Require all corporations to pay taxes in the taxing jurisdiction they do business in. It would negate off-shore incorporation for the purpose of avoiding corporate income taxes.
· Move to a two-tier flat tax system for individuals. Steve Forbes idea.
· Eliminate Alternative Minimum Tax (NYSE:AMT)
· Reduce social security eligibility age to 64 creating more seniors with disposable income and thus creating job openings for younger workers.
· Go back and fix the unpaid Medicare prescription drug benefit by allowing the Government to negotiate better pricing with the drug companies.
· Poll all county engineers to see what water/waste systems, bridges and roads that need rebuilding and fund them at once with a stimulus bill.
· End the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and bring all the troops home.
· Close bases on foreign soil in all countries with the exception of Korea.
· Cut defense budget by 25% based upon wasteful, unwanted and unnecessary programs.
via Mish: chart from The FY 2009 Pentagon Spending Request - Global Military Spending
· Create an RTC in order to recapitalize community banks currently unable to lend to small businesses.
· Double the SBA (Small Business Administration) budget.
· Implement a payroll tax holiday for the rest of 2010.
· Use TARP funds to fund FDIC for additional bank closures with no strings attached.
· Create US Department of Alternative Energy.
· Create a comprehensive national energy policy that partners with and helps fund development companies in clean and alternative energy.
· Begin construction of 25 nuclear power plants.
· Rescind the $45 billion tax breaks for the oil & gas industry.
· End Government farm subsidies, 75% of which go to corporate farms.
· Cover all citizens with a national health care system similar to Israel, Taiwan, England, and Canada.
· Eliminate the loophole of non-citizens accessing free health care through the ERs.· Roll back tuition costs at our public universities for in-state students.