- The article takes a close look at how Action Figure market shares have changed since the pandemic struck – this at 3/31/2020, 5/31/2020, 9/30/2020 and 1/31/2021.
- The pandemic has brought about two major changes in consumer behavior – the pivot from brick-and-mortar to online; and much greater choice for consumers as a result.
- The article focuses on the major toy markets - the U.S., Europe [Germany, France, Spain] and Asia [China and Japan], representing 60% of the world’s total.
- Market shares atthe four key dates are measured for all companies with a position higher than0.45% - 29 in the U.S.; 19 in Europe; and 27 in Asia.
- Two facts emerge– market shares for the traditional leaders have undergone material changes; andthere is now a strong group of secondary competitors.
This article is an exclusive for all subscribers of Business Intel on Toys. Note that we plan to issue an article on the Doll category following the same methodology in the course of March, 2021.
Analyst's Disclosure: I/we have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.
Seeking Alpha's Disclosure: Past performance is no guarantee of future results. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. Any views or opinions expressed above may not reflect those of Seeking Alpha as a whole. Seeking Alpha is not a licensed securities dealer, broker or US investment adviser or investment bank. Our analysts are third party authors that include both professional investors and individual investors who may not be licensed or certified by any institute or regulatory body.