The 6 W's: Who, what, where, when, why and what of it
Mid-Day: The NASDAQ is DOWN -29.62 (-0.96%) to 3,051.57 while the Dow is DOWN -100.39 (-0.77%) to 13,007.09.
Stocks added to losses Thursday … following a report that Spain will delay deciding whether to seek a sovereign bailout until the aid conditions are clear.
Today's Gospel: Investors have dialed down expectation … in a thinly trading market … the sector is very under-invested … hoping the gates will open with September news …! Few are UP, many are barely down or flat.
When you have such a thin market and volume's so anemic, it doesn't take much to unbalance the RegMed sector!
I will be off, tomorrow … Hoping all will have a great and … safe Labor Day weekend!
Stocks added small gains if any … we're still feeling the effects of low volume. Who is playing through today … Geron (NASDAQ:GERN), Pluristem (NASDAQ:PSTI), StemCells (STEM) and ImmunoCellular (NYSE MK: IMUC) followed NeoStem (NYSE MKT: NBS)
Measuring the day - 7 green (ups) … with 14 red (downs) and 6-7 fluctuating black (flats) … The CBOE Volatility Index traded still … above 17 from 16.
- Aastrom (ASTM) is FLAT … at $1.67 with a tighter mid-day range of $1.65 - $1.69 with … with small volume … of 66K so, far from Wednesday's $1.58 - $1.69 <versus volume of 218.2K>;
- BioLife Solutions (OTC: BLFS) is … FLAT at $0.14 … hoping it sticks as I continue to reiterate this is an appreciable asset …
- Cytori (NASDAQ:CYTX) is DOWN -$0.16 or -5.5% to $3.01 …after a few good days at $3.04 … in a trading range of $3.02 - $3.16 with trading of 46K shares from Wednesday's $3.11 - $3.24 with <versus 274.6K;
- Osiris (NASDAQ:OSIR) is DOWN $0.13 or -1.44% to $8.91 … with a trading range of $8.84 -$9.10 fromwith still low volume of 18.7K shares so far from Wednesday's $8.78 - $9.38, with volume of 209.6K>;
- NeoStem (Amex: NBS) … continues UP … post multiple filings that tidied-up the books and cap table … +0.017 … to $0.64 or +2.72% in a tighter day's range of $0.62 -$0.65 … with 231K volume from Wednesday's $0.58 -$0.64 and volume of 501.2k.
- Geron (GERN) shares are UP after Stifel Nicolas initiates the biotech company with a "BUY" rating and gives it a price target of $4;
- Pluristem (PSTI) files for Orphan Drug Status With US FDA for Use of PLX Cells in Treatment of Aplastic Anemia;
- StemCells (STEM) to announce <Monday> Interim Data on Spinal Cord Injury Trial at the 2012 Annual Scientific Meeting of the International Spinal Cord Society.
- Bioheart (OTC BB: BHRT),
- Geron (GERN),
- ImmunoCellular IMUC),
- NeoStem (Amex: NBS),
- Neuralstem (NYSEMKT:CUR),
- Pluristem (PSTI),
- StemCells (STEM).
- Aastrom (ASTM),
- Advanced Cell Technology (OTC BB: ACTC),
- BioMimetic (NASDAQ:BMTI),
- BioTime (NYSEMKT:BTX),
- Cytori (CYTX),
- Cytomedix (OTC BB: CMXI),
- Dendreon (NASDAQ:DNDN),
- Fibrocell (OTC BB: FCSC).
- International Stem Cell (OTC: ISCO),
- Opexa (OPXA),
- Osiris (OSIR),
- ReNeuron (RENE.L).
- Thermogenesis (NASDAQ:KOOL),
- Verastem (NASDAQ:VSTM).
- Athersys (NASDAQ:ATHX),
- Brainstorm (OTC BB: BCLI),
- BioLife Solutions (OTC BB: BLFS),
- Biorestoative (PINK: BRTX),
- Cryo-Cell (OTC BB: CCEL);
- Tengion (TNGN),
EconoDrama: Jobless claims were unchanged last week, holding at a seasonally adjusted 374,000, according to the Labor Department. Economists polled had forecast claims dipping to 370,000 last week. The 4 week moving average for new claims rose 1,500 to 370,250. Consumer spending gained 0.4% in July, climbing by the most in 5 months. Meanwhile, income increased 0.3%. Investors will be listening carefully to Chairman Ben Bernanke's speech on Friday at the annual symposium for hints of further monetary easing.
What's new in the regenerative medicine/stem cell market … see: www.scimitarequity.com/blog …
NOT MUCH …
We are getting closer to: E-News, Actionable Intelligence, Data Analytics and Research - So catch the wave as we are about to launch the new … RegMed …NEWS PORTAL!! The countdown is days away …
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.