An earnings release is a ‘report card’ of sorts for a public stem cell company. It is through these reports that companies let shareholders know how well they have performed over the past time period. Most often the key metrics -net income and EPS reflect the stem cell universe - are weighed against the previous quarters and years’ numbers.
- Yet, the current LPS (loss per share) standings reflect the industries investing status;
- So far, only … OSIR this quarter reported a positive net income;
- By analyzing this comparison, investors can begin to gauge the financial health versus the scientific oppurtunity of stem cell research and whether or not it deserves their investment.
For the Quarter ending 9/30/10, earnings continue to be announced:
- CYTX reported a net loss of $10.4M, or $(0.23) per share;
- STEM reported a net loss of $5.552M, or $(0.04) per share;
- BMTI reported a net loss of $7.8M, or ($0.29) per share;
- TNGN reported a net loss of $6.7M or (0.54) per share;
- GERN reported a net loss of $18.3M or $(0.19) per share;
- KOOL reported Q1/11 net loss of $68K and ($0.00) per share;
- OSIR reported net income of $4.5M or $0.14 per share.