Adding to our Report Card, so far
An earnings release is a ‘report card’ of sorts for a public stem cell company. Yet, the current LPS (loss per share) standings reflect the Universes’ investing status.
By analyzing this comparison, investors can begin to gauge the financial health versus the scientific opportunity of stem cell research and whether or not it deserves their investment
For Q1/11 ending 3/31/11, earnings continue to be announced:
- Osiris Therapeutics (OSIR) net income of $4M or $0.12 per share;
- Geron (GERN) net loss of $24.4M or $0.20 per share;
- Advanced Cell Technology (ACTC.OB) net loss of $3.3M or $0.00 per share;
- Opexa Therapeutics (OPXA) net loss of $1.3M or $0.06 per share;
- BioTime (AMEX: BTX) net loss of $3.4M or $0.07 per share;
- Cytori Therapeutics (CYTX) net loss of $12.07M or $0.23 per share;
- Athersys (OTC:ATHX) net loss of $3.93M or $0.18 per share;
- ThermoGenesis (KOOL) net loss $845K or $0.06 per share;
- StemCells (STEM) net loss of $5.74M or $0.04 per share;
Seeking Alpha's Disclosure: Past performance is no guarantee of future results. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. Any views or opinions expressed above may not reflect those of Seeking Alpha as a whole. Seeking Alpha is not a licensed securities dealer, broker or US investment adviser or investment bank. Our analysts are third party authors that include both professional investors and individual investors who may not be licensed or certified by any institute or regulatory body.