Adding to our Report Card, so far …
An earnings release is a ‘report card’ of sorts for a public stem cell company. Yet, the current LPS (loss per share) standings reflect the Universes’ investing status.
By analyzing this comparison, investors can begin to gauge the financial health versus the scientific opportunity of stem cell research and whether or not it deserves their investment.
For Q1/11 ending 3/31/11, earnings continue to be announced:
- Osiris Therapeutics (NASDAQ:OSIR) net income of $4M or $0.12 per share;
- Geron (NASDAQ:GERN) net loss of $24.4M or $0.20 per share;
- Advanced Cell Technology (ACTC.OB) net loss of $3.3M or $0.00 per share;
- Opexa Therapeutics (OPXA) net loss of $1.3M or $0.06 per share;
- BioTime (AMEX: BTX) net loss of $3.4M or $0.07 per share;
- Cytori Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CYTX) net loss of $12.07M or $0.23 per share;
- Athersys (NASDAQ:ATHX) net loss of $3.93M or $0.18 per share;
- ThermoGenesis (NASDAQ:KOOL) net loss $845K or $0.06 per share;
- StemCells (STEM) net loss of $5.74M or $0.04 per share;
- Pluristem (NASDAQ:PSTI) net loss of $2.61M or $0.07 per share;
- Tengion (TNGN) (adjusted) net loss of $6.5M or $0.41 per share;
- Neuralstem (AMEX: CUR) net loss of $3.1m or $0.07 per share;
- Aastrom Biosciences (ASTM) net loss of $5M or $0.13 per share;
- NeoStem (AMEX: NBS) net loss of $9.69M or $0.14 per share;
- BioTime (AMEX: BTX) net loss of $3.4M or $0.07 per share.