Adding to our Report Card, so far …
An earnings release is a ‘report card’ of sorts for a public stem cell company. The current LPS (loss per share) standings reflect the universes’ investing status.
By analyzing these comparisons, investors can begin to gauge the financial health versus the scientific opportunity of stem cell research and whether or not it deserves their investment.
For Q2/11 ending 6/30/11, earnings continue to be announced:
- Geron (NASDAQ:GERN) net loss of $21.1M or $0.17 per share with $192.2M in cash;
- StemCells (STEM) net loss of $4M or $0.29 per share with $19.89M in cash;
- BioMimetic Therapeutics (NASDAQ:BMTI) net loss of $8.2M or $0.29 per share with $16.5M in cash and $58.6M in bonds;
- Osiris (NASDAQ:OSIR) net income was $1.79M and earnings per share of $0.05 with $57.8 in cash, receivables and short-term investments;
- Advances Cell Technology (ACTC.OB) net loss of $4.82M or $0.00 per share with $16.1M in cash;
- Cytori Therapeutics (NASDAQ:CYTX) net loss of $5.13M or $0.10 per share with $33.2M in cash, $2.5M in receivables;
- Tengion (TNGN) an adjusted net loss of $6.6M or $0.28 per share with $25.2M in cash;
- Biotime (AMEX: BTX) net loss of $4.3M or $0.09 per share with $27.4M in cash;
- Athersys (NASDAQ:ATHX) net loss of $3.22M or $0.14 per share with $20.9M in cash;
- Neuralstem (AMEX:CUR) net loss of $3.64M or $0.08 with $6.14M in cash;
- NeoStem (AMEX:NBS) net loss of $10.77M or $0.13 per share with $4.85M in cash, $7.3M in receivables and $16.5M from recent offering;
- Aastrom (ASTM) net loss of $10M or $0.26 per share with $18.5M in cash;
- International Stem Cell (OTCQB:ISCO) net loss of $2.496M or $0.03 per share with $3.6M in cash;
- Opexa (OPXA) net loss of $1.49M or $0.06 per share with $9.87M in cash.