<Note: I'm uploading this blog post on Friday morning instead of the normal evening posting. I would have normally uploaded this on Thursday evening. This morning post will probably be the norm from here on out.>
Another day, another (5) dollars. Well, the strategy didn't work out too well today but it started off well. I had a good opening price on SNY but SXCP never could get started.
Here's the lowdown on the day:
1) Sold SNY @ $48.14, a loss of $168.30 on the stock and the dividend pays $241.74 for a net profit of $73.44.
2) Sold SXCP @$16.80, a loss of $321.75 on the stock and the dividend pays $253.11 for a net loss of -$68.64.
I sold SNY within 30 minutes of the open and I didn't sell SXCP until later in the day. I was holding onto it waiting for it to move but it mostly sat that all day. I got a good price based on the day high but it was still below what I wanted.
As you can see, I basically broke even for the day but at least there wasn't a loss.
As for buying new stocks, I bought 3 new companies: AJX, CORR and PHG. Details below:
1) Purchased AJX (Great Ajax) 537 shares @ $14.01. The dividend pays $150.08. The share price ended @ $14.01. Dead even for the day.
2) Purchased CORR (Corenergy Infrastructure Trust) 209 shares @ $36.10. The dividend pays $154.50. The share price ended @ $36.47. +$77.33 for the day.
3) Purchased PHG (Koninklijke Philips) 209 shares @ $39.70. The dividend pays $179.60. The share price ended @ $36.11. +$85.69 for the day.
As you can see, 2 of the 3 stocks had a great start and hopefully will do reasonably well tomorrow.
So far, this strategy is up $369.68 for the 5 days. This represents $73.94 average so far. About $26/day less than my goal of $100/day but tomorrow's another day!
On the list for tomorrow's purchase is only one stock - APAM (Artisan Partners Asset Management). It pays a dividend of $155.40.
Until tomorrow, happy trading!