Vermillion Stock Outperforms BG Medicine Since April 3
On 4/3/12 we posted the biomarker challenge featuring two emerging public companies that have approved diagnostic products. In a few weeks we will have Q2 financial data on these two companies BG Medicine (NASDAQ:BGMD) and Vermillion (NASDAQ:VRML). Here is a comparison over 90 days.
- VRML stock is up 7% while BGMD stock is down 7.7%.
- No significant changes were made in product revenue forecasts for either Company.
- VRML shows more active trading with an average of 367k per day compared to 75k for BGMD,but VRML shows greater volatility.
- VRML on June 15 presented a Poster on a new Peripheral Artery Disease biomarker currently in development.
- BGMD on June 18 announced the availability of their galectin-3 diagnostic test through Atherotec Diagnostic Lab.
We will provide additional information on these and other diagnostic companies as we cover the AACC Meeting in Los Angeles on July 16. We will look for personalized medicine trends that could impact diagnostic companies such as Qiagen (NASDAQ:QGEN), Response Genetics (NASDAQ:RGDX), Sequenom (NASDAQ:SQNM) as well as major genomic tools companies like Life Technologies (NASDAQ:LIFE) and Illumina (NASDAQ:ILMN).
|Rev Est 2012$M||3.2M||2.81M|
|EPS Est 2012||($1.25)||($0.94)|
|Disease focus||Cardiovascular||Ovarian cancer|