MLP Week Thoughts
Growth At A Reasonable Price, Dividend Investing
Seeking Alpha Analyst Since 2009
I serve as Portfolio Manager on the Listed Infrastructure Team at CBRE Clarion Securities, a global asset management firm based in Radnor, PA. My primary focus is on investing in Midstream companies, including Master Limited Partnerships (MLPs), as well as transportation companies (rails, airports) for larger infrastructure investment team.
- Midstream stocks and MLPs outperformed most sectors this week.
- Helped by energy stock strength, oil price strength.
- MLPs outperformed midstream corporations (U.S. and Canadian ones).
Midstream and MLPs started the week strong, then faded later to finish mixed (AMNA negative and MLPs positive) but way ahead of utilities and the S&P 500. The stratification of returns we’ve seen all year remained intact this week with energy stocks out in front (XLE +4.2%), midstream in the middle and utilities at the bottom.
Also, MLPs wrapped up a 5th straight positive month of performance, which hasn't happened since 2016.
The full subscriber version of this week’s post includes:
- Thoughts on midstream’s position in the return stack relative to utilities and energy
- Thoughts on conservative guidance yet aggressive commentary
- Update of monthly return charts after best February ever for MLPs
- News detail, including more M&A and some interesting PSX disclosure
Subscribe to get full access at mlpguy.substack.com.
Seeking Alpha's Disclosure: Past performance is no guarantee of future results. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. Any views or opinions expressed above may not reflect those of Seeking Alpha as a whole. Seeking Alpha is not a licensed securities dealer, broker or US investment adviser or investment bank. Our analysts are third party authors that include both professional investors and individual investors who may not be licensed or certified by any institute or regulatory body.