Week Thoughts: Midstream Takes A De-Load
Growth At A Reasonable Price, Dividend Investing
Seeking Alpha Analyst Since 2009
I serve as Portfolio Manager on the Listed Infrastructure Team at CBRE Clarion Securities, a global asset management firm based in Radnor, PA. My primary focus is on investing in Midstream companies, including Master Limited Partnerships (MLPs), as well as transportation companies (rails, airports) for larger infrastructure investment team.
- Midstream stocks were negative the first 4 days of the week, got some back Friday to finish -4-5% for the week.
- Oil prices were the driver in a quiet week for news.
- Just the second negative week in the last 7 for MLPs.
Midstream stocks were negative the first 4 days of the week, including a large downdraft Thursday alongside the worst percentage decline day for oil prices since September. MLPs performed worst of the three indexes, down 5%. It was just the second negative week for midstream in the last 7.
The full version of this week’s post includes:
- Ramblings about sentiment and how the sector was due for pullback
- Discussion of specific winners and losers, despite very little company-specific news
- Discussions of very thin news week that featured S-4 details of the ENBL sales process
Subscribe at mlpguy.substack.com for the full version.
Seeking Alpha's Disclosure: Past performance is no guarantee of future results. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. Any views or opinions expressed above may not reflect those of Seeking Alpha as a whole. Seeking Alpha is not a licensed securities dealer, broker or US investment adviser or investment bank. Our analysts are third party authors that include both professional investors and individual investors who may not be licensed or certified by any institute or regulatory body.