Gold Price Predictions for 2019
With known correlations to interest rates to geopolitics, here are five predictions about the price of Gold in 2019.
Analysts who keep a close watch on Precious Metals have recently made many interesting predictions about what the markets will look like over the next year. Most of these calculations are positive, indicating a bull market for Gold in 2019. Still, several factors that are known to have strong correlations with spot prices must be watched closely for any unpredicted changes.
Before digging into forecasts about Gold prices in the coming year, here are some key observations about 2018 that must be reviewed.
After starting off to a bullish year in January, Gold prices seemed to be on track to break through the $1400 ceiling. However, there was not enough support from buyers, and trends turned downward in late April. A strong U.S. dollar proved a major challenge for Gold in 2018. As a dollar-denominated asset, buyers using non-U.S. currency get less bullion for their money when the dollar is strong.
After reaching a bottom in mid-August, Gold was once again on the rise. Much of this was due to increasing concerns over trade tensions between the U.S. and China. The volatility among markets worldwide soon became apparent to nearly everyone, and the strength of the U.S. dollar started to slip. This ushered in new interest for Gold assets, and the yellow metal continued on an upward trajectory.
In October of this year, Ray Dalio, CIO for the world’s largest hedge fund, Bridgewater Associates, publically spoke about the massive amounts of debt associated with the top currencies of the world, noting that any associated stocks or bonds are now riskier because of this outstanding debt. 
As of December 30, Gold is trading at prices not seen since the middle of June.
2019 Price Predictions for Gold
- Economic uncertainty will lead to steady increases in the price of Gold. When stock markets become volatile, many investors turn to Gold because it involves less risk. Ongoing trade tensions, budget disputes, immigration debates and European geopolitical turmoil have all led to significant volatility in global stocks, and there are no signs of stability on the horizon. 
- Gold will reach $1,300 in the first half of the year. Peter Krauth, a resource specialist with expertise in Precious Metals and mining, forecasts that Gold will exceed a $1300 “hurdle” very soon, possibly within the first quarter of 2019. He points out that this will be a challenge, but goes on to say that “Once Gold has surpassed $1,300, I expect it will then make a run for $1,400, likely in the second half of 2019.” 
- As the U.S. economy slows down, the bull market could remain for two or three years. With several years of growth in other sectors, such as stock markets and real estate, some investors moved away from Gold to acquire assets with a higher yield. The economy is now showing signs of a recession, so many that left Gold will likely return and drive demand higher. These returning buyers could lead the way to a bull market lasting several years. 
- Market prices for Gold will reach at least $1434 by the end of the year. Financial expert Mark Mead Baillie believes that, if the economic climate remains essentially the same as it is today, prices should be at or above $1434 per ounce by year’s end. To calculate this figure, Baillie compares Gold markets with trends related to bonds, oil, the S&P and the euro. 
- If the threshold is met early, and a breakout follows, spot prices could climb to $1526. Baillie predicts that should a breakout occur, Gold will trade above $1500 per troy ounce before the end of 2019. 
 Money Morning,
 Coin World,
OneGold: The Future of Precious Metals Investing
A simple, accessible online marketplace, OneGold.com offers digital assets backed by real Gold and Silver. We use blockchain technology to verify all transactions, so quickly adding valuable Precious Metals to your cryptocurrency portfolio has never been more secure. You can invest in Gold right away, with 24/7 online buying, flexible payment options, and low-cost storage solutions.
Stable assets such as Gold help protect your holdings from volatility, giving you peace of mind through diversified investments. Our blockchain ledger adds security to all transactions, from the day of your purchase, through when you decide to sell. OneGold is the first online marketplace where you can buy, sell, redeem and manage your digital Precious Metals.