Entering text into the input field will update the search result below

Retirement Investing (Roth 401k/Roth IRA) Notes

Jan. 13, 2021 9:54 AM ET
Please Note: Blog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors.


  • These are my personal notes to help keep me focused on retirement strategy in a methodical way.
  • They will help remind me not to take any action that goes against my methodology.
  • This blog post is meant to help me, not to entertain others.

Over time I want roughly 25% of the portfolio in individual stocks/REITs, the other 75% in ETFs/Mutual Funds.

Individual stocks/REITs portion of portfolio will be limited to a $200-300 position in each.  No dividend reinvestment.  No fractional shares.

ETFs/Mutual Funds portion of portfolio will have a full position in total US market, US mid cap, US small cap, total international ex-US market, international mid cap, international small cap, emerging markets small cap.  Half position in international real estate.

Roth 401k will be funds only.  Similar breakdown except I won't hold an international real estate fund and the emerging markets fund will be a large cap instead of a small cap.

Seeking Alpha's Disclosure: Past performance is no guarantee of future results. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. Any views or opinions expressed above may not reflect those of Seeking Alpha as a whole. Seeking Alpha is not a licensed securities dealer, broker or US investment adviser or investment bank. Our analysts are third party authors that include both professional investors and individual investors who may not be licensed or certified by any institute or regulatory body.

Recommended For You

To ensure this doesn’t happen in the future, please enable Javascript and cookies in your browser.
Is this happening to you frequently? Please report it on our feedback forum.
If you have an ad-blocker enabled you may be blocked from proceeding. Please disable your ad-blocker and refresh.