Here's a brief preview of the topics and charts covered in the latest edition of the Weekly Macro Themes report.
1. A Wobbling Cycle: The December global PMI and consumer sentiment numbers look solid, yet there are some concerning signals emerging in the copper price and global equity breadth.
2. Fed Up Markets: The Fed funds rate impacts risk assets when it rises too far, too fast, or too high relative to key macro variables, and for now none of these boxes are ticked. See what charts we're watching and the signals to watch out for.
3. US Dollar: The US dollar could have a big year in 2018 and we think it is going to be one of the key things to get right or wrong. Get a copy of the report to see the scenario and supporting charts.
4. EM Equities in Review: EM equities see significant optimism, complacent risk pricing, and potential headwinds in 2018, yet while absolute value has diminished relative value remains compelling.
5. Exploring value in the Eurozone: Looking at valuations and expected returns across countries in the Eurozone, there are notable standouts and clear scope for differentiation of exposure across countries.
To request a copy, subscribe, or take up a trial, please fill in the form here.
About the Weekly Macro Themes report
The "Weekly Macro Themes" is our institutional offering aimed at multi-asset and macro-driven portfolio managers and strategists. The report takes a chart-driven macro, fundamental and multi-factor approach; a powerful combination of cross-asset idea generation for portfolio managers, charts on key global macro trends, analysis on portfolio risks, asset allocation research, and innovative indicators, in a format that delivers a balance of brevity and depth so that you can efficiently assimilate the insights. Also part of the service is the monthly Chartbook which contains the key charts and views across asset classes with a tactical/dynamic positioning model.