The August 27 edition of the Wall Street Journal ran a multipage feature on the explosive mobile app space. A stock we've covered recently, MEDL Mobile (OTCBB: MEDL), was highlighted in the feature for their "GardenID" app, available for both Apple and Android devices.
While there was a wealth of great apps covered, what should get the attention of investors are the following five facts assembled by the WSJ:
· The average smartphone user worldwide is expected to download 37 apps this year. (ABI Research)
· 36 billion apps are expected to be downloaded worldwide in 2012. (ABI Research)
· 136 billion apps are expected to be downloaded worldwide in 2017. (ABI Research)
· As of December 2011, users in the U.S. spent an average of 94 minutes each day on mobile apps, compared with 72 minutes of web browsing. (Flurry.com)
· For the 18 months ended December 2011, time spent on mobile apps in the U.S. grew 119%, compared with 13% growth in web browsing. (Flurry.com)
MEDL offers investors a great way to play this fast-growing space. More than just an app developer, MEDL has created a proprietary solution that helps users find the apps that will benefit them the most and helps developers get their apps noticed.
Because of this very important and unique technology, we believe MEDL makes a very attractive buyout candidate. Based on a modest lifetime value per user figure of $25 to $35, and factoring in MEDL's current base of more than 15 million users, MEDL should have a valuation of between $375 million and $525 million - right now. This is the type of price that can be expected if a buyout were to occur in the near term.
To learn more about this exciting company, tune into the upcoming RedChip Small-Cap Virtual Conference on August 29 at 11:15 a.m. Eastern time, and plan to attend the Company's investor day on September 5 at its offices in Fountain Valley, Calif. Space is limited; contact a RedChip specialist today to RSVP.
Disclosure: The subject security is a client of RedChip Companies, Inc. RedChip Companies, Inc., employees and affiliates may have positions and affect transactions in the securities or options of the issuers mentioned herein. For full financial disclosures for all RedChip clients, please visit http://www.redchip.com/disclosures.asp?src=rcv.