Augur Resources (ASX: AUK) has today announced a double strike of strong drilling results from two different projects in Central Java.
Firstly at the Wonogiri project diamond drilling intersected a 222.1 metre at 0.57 grams per tonne (g/t) gold and 0.15% copper from 84 metres in another indication of the strong bulk tonnage potential at the project.
Within the very broad intersection were two higher grade zones which included; 86.0 metres at 0.85g/t gold and 0.20% copper from 110.5 metres, and 46.1 metres at 0.78g/t gold and 0.17% copper from 259.5 metres.
Importantly for additional discoveries, mineralisation remains open to the north, south, west and at depth - with drilling already underway along strike.
The project lies within the Sunda-Banda arc, which is considered prospective for epithermal gold and porphyry copper-gold mineralisation.
Augur has an agreement to earn a 51% interest of the project from PT Oxindo after the expenditure of US$1.5 million within 12 months from 15 December 2010, and can earn an 80% interest with the expenditure of a further US$2.0 million within 24 months of 15 December 2010.
Secondly at the Jampang project Augur has intersected gold mineralisation in 27 of the last 39 holes, including some high grade hits.
High grade highlights at Jampang include:
- 3.0 metres at 8.26g/t gold, 0.13% copper and 43.8g/t silver from 72 metres, including 1.0 metre at 20.3 g/t gold, 0.28% copper and 90.1g/t silver; and
- 3.0 metres at 5.65g/t gold, 0.29% copper and 6.6g/t silver from 77.0 metres.
There were also some broader highlights at Jampang such as:
- 15.0 metres at 3.33g/t gold, 0.22% copper and 20.7g/t silver from 94.0 metres;
- 12.0 metres at 3.53g/t gold, 0.42% copper and 14.4g/t silver from 57.0 metres; and
- 23.0 metres at 1.90g/t gold, 0.13% copper and 3.7g/t silver from 57.0 metres.
The intersections were made in close proximity to the Lipi gold-copper deposit.