Please Note: Blog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors.

Morning news wrap: Rolls-Royce, Standard Chartered, BHP BIlliton, Amec, Kazakhmys, African Diamonds

Morning News Wrap
In the FTSE 100, turbine manufacturer Rolls-Royce (LSE: RR) announced that its subsidiary Rolls-Royce Marina AS now holds more than 90% in ODIM ASA.

The world’s largest miner BHP Billiton (LSE: BLT) announced that it had reached agreement with a significant number of customers throughout Asia to move existing iron ore contracts that were previously priced annually onto a shorter term landed price equivalent basis.

Bank Standard Chartered (LSE: STAN) has announced that it is considering an issue and listing in India of Indian Depository Receipts representing underlying new ordinary shares in the company.

Oil and gas engineering firm Amec (LSE: AMEC) has acquired environmental and engineering consultancy Entec Holdings for an initial consideration of £61.2 million.

Copper miner Kazakhmys (LSE: KAZ) reported its full year results for 2009, saying that revenues fell from US$3.27 billion to US$2.4 billion, while earnings per share declined from 1.85 cents to 1.04 cents.

In AIM, African Diamonds (AIM: AFD) said the new resource report estimated an indicated resource of just over 51 million tonnes at an average grade of 22 carats per hundred tonnes (cpht) and an average modelled diamond value of US$194 per carat, and an inferred resource of approximately 20 million tonnes at an average grade of 19 cpht and an average modelled diamond value of US$183 per carat.

Tunisia focused metal miner Maghreb Minerals (AIM: MMS) said that its Tunisian operations will remain on care and maintenance and that it is initiating new discussions with regards to partners in the lead and zinc assets.

Developer of CAD and image analysis software Medicsight (AIM: MDST) said its revenues increased from £103,000 to £115,000 in 2009, while cash reserves reached £10.7 million.

StatPro Group (AIM: SOG) has given notice to the minority shareholders in SiSoft Sarl, in which StatPro currently owns a 51% stake, of its intention to exercise its call option to acquire the remaining 49% minority interest in SiSoft with effect from 30 June 2010.



Disclosure: The author holds no positions in the company