Equity & FX
- ECB’s statement on USD strength halted the downward trend for the day. Next few days will be critical for the dollar, as new economic reports come out that might establish a trend going forward. If expectation are above estimates, then dollar might be off for another rally.
- Equity markets have taken a pause, most likely waiting for a trigger event, which might be in the next few days.
- All the Reddit hype on small stock shorted stocks might end like 2000 Tech bubble.
- Long Term view is rates will never rise, so no matter what the report might be, we may witness bullish equity market and bearish dollar.
- Biden’s speech about his policies tends to be quite extreme, we have to wait and watch to see if the execution is of the same level.
- Long DJI/SPY/QQQ
- Long XLU/XLP/XLY/XLV/XLK
Note: This blog post is a collection of notes taken during the day. This is not a full-scale journalistic article, but, hopefully, is enough to give a prospective investor a sufficient idea of the current events. The entire collection of daily blog posts is published to aid in research and uncovering of new short-term trends. Healthy discussions via comments are welcome. My own opinions and biases have also been included.
Seeking Alpha's Disclosure: Past performance is no guarantee of future results. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. Any views or opinions expressed above may not reflect those of Seeking Alpha as a whole. Seeking Alpha is not a licensed securities dealer, broker or US investment adviser or investment bank. Our analysts are third party authors that include both professional investors and individual investors who may not be licensed or certified by any institute or regulatory body.