As a thought exercise, I'm interested in projecting forward a worst-case scenario wherein all of the "bad things" that potentially could go wrong... do.
Proposition (not necessarily in order, but probably close):
- The world rejects the false recovery and all the government issued cheques come due
- China floats their own currency and sells all US-backed debt
- The middle-east and south america rebase on Yuan
- The UK becomes insolvent and degenerates into chaos
- The Euro splits into 50+ location-/religion-/ethnic-based zones
- Japan collapses as they cannot feed themselves
- The US enters into a long cold-war with China
Are we hoarding commodities for short-/mid-term positional strength?
Reentering Agriculture backing for long-term stability (everyone's gotta eat!)?
Supporting the repatriation of manufacturing out of China and back to our citizens?
Disclosure: Totally exited back to cash, holding broad spread of FX (AUD, USD, JPY, CAN), 10% wealth in PMs