The so called BRIC countries (Brazil, India, and China; and to a lesser extent Russia) are continuing to experience high growth. Some of the reasons for this high growth are:
- Manufacturing led economy in China
- Information technology led economy in India
- Natural resources led economies in Brazil and Russia
- Growing middle class populations in China, India, and Brazil that need increasing amounts of everything
- Infrastructure build up to support the growing economies
Will the high growth in BRIC countries continue? If so, what investments will exploit this trend? Share your thoughts!
Here is what I think. This trend will continue for sometime and the following investment themes will do well because of it:
- Natural resources: oil, steel, copper, ....
- Food: agricultural products, fertilizers, ...
- Infrastructure: cement, powerplants, ...
Disclosure: For positions, see: www.401kTimer.com/