Biotech-Wars – I See A Victory- I see a Biotech Victory
Politicos vs. Biotech
It is still my belief that politicos have made a grave mistake vilifying the biotech sector ad-nauseum. The www.biotech-wars.com predictably will suffer epic battles in the last few months of 2019 and all of 2020 as politicos continue to denigrate the healthcare/biotech/drug industries all the way to the November 2020 elections. Nevertheless, from a product development perspective, the biotech sector is performing extremely well. However, for the market this does not matter as the darkening political clouds loom over the entire sector. But, “I see victory”. In fact, I see the power of many biotech victory’s every day, below are just a few recent noteworthy success stories and/or encouraging clinical trials just from September and October 2019;
Seattle Genetics Announces Initiation of Phase 3 Clinical Trial of Tucatinib in Combination with Ado-trastuzumab Emtansine (T-DM1, Kadcyla®) for Patients with Advanced or Metastatic HER2-Positive Breast Cancer
Lilly Presents Positive Results for Taltz® (ixekizumab) in Pediatric Patients with Moderate to Severe Plaque Psoriasis at the 28th Annual European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (EADV) Congress
Pfizer Presents Interim Analysis Results from Phase 3 BEACON CRC Trial of BRAFTOVI® (Encorafenib), MEKTOVI® (Binimetinib) and Cetuximab for the Treatment of BRAFV600E-Mutant Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
Seattle Genetics and Astellas Announce Results from Phase 1 Trial of Investigational Agent Enfortumab Vedotin in Combination with Immune Therapy Pembrolizumab as First-Line Treatment for Advanced Bladder Cancer
AbbVie Receives FDA Approval of MAVYRET® (glecaprevir/pibrentasvir) to Shorten Treatment Duration to Eight Weeks for Treatment-Naïve Patients with Chronic Hepatitis C and Compensated Cirrhosis Across All Genotypes
LYNPARZA (olaparib) Improved the Time Women Lived Without Disease Progression to 22 Months in the Broad Population and 37 Months in HRD-positive Patients as 1st-line Maintenance Treatment with Bevacizumab for Newly Diagnosed Advanced Ovarian Cancer
My Recommended 2020 Game Plan for all Healthcare
Outlined below are my recommendations to the entire healthcare industry for the 2020 election season, especially for all biotech/drug companies;
- Divert all money away from all political candidates for the upcoming 2020 USA elections.
- Buy as much TV media time as you can afford from July 2020-October 2020 and fill the airways with every successful medicine in your portfolio and pipelines. This will increase the media costs for all political parties during this period giving them less money to attack the healthcare industry. And hopefully counter some of their negative attacks.
- Although politicos will be attacking your industries to gain votes your enemies should remain as follows;
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Hepatitis C/Hepatitis B
- Crone’s Disease
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Phenylketonuria (PKU)
- Kidney disease
- Hemophilia A
- Parkinson’s disease
- Severe Atopic Dermatitis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Severe Plaque Psoriasis
- Make your communications upbeat, simple and clear, and easy to understand in any language, that the biotech industries’ battle is against all diseases. Below is one example of what I am thinking a collective message could be to promote the power of a “Biotech Victory”.
- “biotech means life”,
- “biotechnologia significa vida”
- “biotech signifie la vie
- 生物技術意味著生命 Shēngwù jìshù yìwèizhe shēngmìng
- Biotech bedeutet Leben
- PASSION =Make your communications inspiring – I get inspiration from music, below are 2 examples =
“Take what the enemy meant for evil and turn it for good.” Elevation Worship Aug. 9, 2019. I believe there is something here to think about regardless of your political and or religious affiliations. (Not trying to preach here although I happen to like Elevation Worship music, I find them very inspiring and they are wonderful in concert.)
Good And Loved - Travis Greene & Steffany GretzingerPremiered Sep 6, 2019
“There will be times when your up and times when your down….”
If you’re a long-term investor the healthcare/biotech sector has already been significantly discounted by the market. As such from now and throughout all of 2020 will be the best time to add these great companies to your investment mix. We will see.
Respectfully submitted to Seeking Alpha on October 14, 2019
My best to all in 2019
Disclosure: I am/we are long ABBV, AZN, AMGN, BMY, PFE, MRK, LLY, CELG, JNJ.