- US March consumer confidence 70.2 vs 70.0 exp
- Richmond Fed +7 vs +18 exp
- CS home price index -3.78% y/y vs -3.8% exp
- Ireland touts Chinese investment pledge
- Schaeuble likely to take over Eurogroup
- OECD says proposed EU firewalls still not large enough
- Fed's Dudley: Economy expanding at moderate pace
- Merkel sees bund yields rising
- BOE's King: First exit move will be to hike rates
- Spain deficit in Jan/Fed is 1.94% of GDP vs 1.29% last year
- SPR release under consideration
- Fed's Rosengren: More stimulus may be needed if econ slows
- Fed's Fisher: Data showing improved growth prospects for 2012
- S&P 500 down 0.3% to 1412
- On day, USD is best performer; AUD lags
EUR/USD opened US trading at 1.3336, slipped as low as 1.3331 at the London fix and rose near 1.3348 several times. A bit of late slump as stocks edged lower into the close.
Cable was able to briefly touch above 1.60 but was unable to extend gains, slipping back to 1.5960.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.