Golden Networking is inviting this Thursday June 23 the most lively audience of high-frequency and quantitative trading professionals to mingle at High-Frequency Trading Happy Hour, http://hfthappyhoursingapore.eventbrite.com, now for the first time in Molly Roffey's Irish Pub, the legendary hangout at the heart of Singapore’s business and financial district. High-Frequency Trading Happy Hour, featured in The Wall Street Journal, has congregated high-frequency (and some low-frequency too) traders, quants, managers, investors and key decision makers for evenings of networking and cocktail for the last 15 months.
As ChannelNewsAsia.com’s Linette Lim reported, the Singapore Exchange (SGX) has unveiled several strategies to attract more traders and raise trading volumes, in a move to stay competitive. One of these will be to speed traders. High-frequency trading currently accounts for 30 per cent of the derivatives trading volume on the Singapore Exchange. SGX said it hopes to raise that level higher but declined to provide any targets. Chew Sutat, Executive Vice President, SGX, said: “To grow the capital markets in Singapore, to support the capital markets in Singapore, growing liquidity is first and foremost. As we know, listed companies need to find cheaper cost of capital in raising new money, and investors also want to have freedom of entry and exit into the market. High-frequency trading potentially could support growing liquidity, making it more accessible for new capital and for investors to participate in the market.”High-Frequency Trading Happy Hour Singapore is produced by Golden Networking (http://www.goldennetworking.net), the premier networking community for business executives, entrepreneurs and investors. Upcoming Golden Networking's Forums and Business Receptions include:
· High-Frequency Trading Happy Hour Hong Kong (http://hfthappyhourhongkong.eventbrite.com), June 30th, Hong Kong
· High-Frequency Trading Happy Hour New York (http://www.hfthappyhour.com), July 12th, New York City
· High-Frequency Trading Happy Hour Chicago (http://hfthappyhourchicago.eventbrite.com), July 26th, Chicago
· High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2011 Hong Kong , "How Speed Traders Leverage Cutting-Edge Strategies in the Post-Flash Crash World" (http://hftleadersforumhongkong.eventbrite.com), September, 19-21, Hong Kong
· High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2011 Chicago, "How Speed Traders Leverage Cutting-Edge Strategies in the Post-Flash Crash World" (http://hftleadersforumchicago.eventbrite.com), October 3-5, Chicago
· High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2011 Sao Paulo, "How Speed Traders Leverage Cutting-Edge Strategies in the Post-Flash Crash World" (http://hftleadersforumsaopaulo.eventbrite.com), October 24-26, Sao Paulo, Brazil
· High-Frequency Trading Leaders Forum 2011 Singapore, "How Speed Traders Leverage Cutting-Edge Strategies in the Post-Flash Crash World" (http://hftleadersforumsingapore.eventbrite.com), November 21-23, Singapore
Golden Networking has compiled the insights of top experts and industry practitioners and produced DVD Video Packages for its Leaders and Experts Forums, including:Panelists, speakers and sponsors are invited to contact Golden Networking by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Golden Networking has been frequently featured in the press, including recent articles in The Wall Street Journal, "Happy Hour for High-Frequency Trading", The New York Times, "Golden Networking Helps Job Seekers Make Overseas Connections", Los Angeles Times, "Speed-addicted traders dominate today's stock market", Reuters, "Revamp looms as trading experts huddle at SEC" and Columbia Business School's Hermes Alumni Magazine, "10 Under 10".