Please Note: Blog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors.

Molecular Insight Pharmaceuticals Files for Bankruptcy Protection in Massachusetts $MIPI

|Includes: Molecular Insight Pharmaceutical (MIPI)

 Molecular Insight Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: MIPI), a "clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company and a pioneer in the emerging field of molecular medicine" headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts voluntarily filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on December 9, 2010. The chapter 11 case is intended to be used as a vehicle for Savitr Capital LLC to invest $45 million in exchange for 90% of the common equity in the reorganized company. However, Savitr's investment is contingent upon MIPI successfully exchanging its $195 million in existing bond debt (including all PIK interest) with $90 million in new secured notes and the remaining 10% of the reorganized company's equity. The new investment is also conditioned upon completion of the restructuring no later than March 31, 2011. 

Key court filings to date include (click on the title of any document for more information or to purchase):

For access to all major pleadings filed in this case, please visit http://www.chapter11cases.com/Molecular-Insight-Pharmaceuticals-Inc_c_100.html