A summary of today's significant news for investors is provided below:
1. Shares of Sage Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SAGE) surge more than 37% after successful phase 2 trial in postpartum depression. The company has another upcoming catalyst (phase 3 trial in supra-refractory status epilepticus). Link
4. Shire gets FDA approval for Xiidra, the only approved treatment for signs and symptoms of dry eye disease. Link
5. Orbimed takes 17% stake in micro-cap Pieris Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: PIRS).
6. GW Pharma (NASDAQ: GWPH) announces filing of $150 million of ADS shelf.
10. Thinly traded Tearlabs (NASDAQ: TEAR) gets a huge price target from Rodman. Stock up 21%.
Note: To get more investment ideas like this as soon as they are published, click on my profile and hit the "Follow" button and choose the real-time alerts option.
Disclosure: I am/we are long SAGE, JUNO, MCRB, SGMO.
Additional disclosure: This article represents my own opinion and is not a substitute for professional investment advice. It does not represent solicitation to buy or sell any security. Investors should do their own research and consult their financial adviser before making any investment.